Monday, March 8, 2010

He's Just Not That Into You

by Greg Behrendt This book, I swear, should be required reading for ALL women! The topic closest to my heart at the moment is mixed signals. Someone saying they'd do something, then they don't. Really, how long does an "I'm thinking about you" text take. 30 seconds, if that?

Yep. I'm rereading He's Just Not That Into You. It's a very empowering book. But I think a lot of it isn't true. All right, not really. I just CHOOSE to think that the more 'hurtful' parts aren't true. Because I'm wonderful! And I'm worth a 30 second text. I am! Greg told me so. And he's never lied to me in the past. Well, except for the parts of his book I don't like.

See how I can go around and around about this? And make it work to my advantage? I'm just that good. Or not.

But I don't want to be pushy. I don't want to seem desperate. Because I'm really not either of these things. And I don't need to be. Because I'm worth more than that. I am! Greg told me so!

I deserve to be with a man who can't NOT think about me. I deserve to be with a man who doesn't mind picking up his phone (even as he's just walking to the bathroom or something) to let me know he's thinking about me. Greg told me so.

Men, DO THIS! It will make her day!

And if you DON'T do this, it will make her very sad in her heart. And the girls who haven't read this book will think that's all right. That it's 'normal' to feel that way. That it's part of life. Which is also true. When you're with a loser. Greg told me so.

What is awesome, though, is when he chooses to spend time with you. Even if he's not feeling well. Even if it's super late at night. It makes a girl feel like the 'smokin' hot superfox' that she is. (I must be that smokin' hot superfox! Greg told me so!)

So, men, please see that it really takes so little to make a girl feel important. If you're into her, just let her know! It doesn't take much! A text. A phone call. An unassuming evening spent talking. A television show you watch together giggling about. Simple things. That add up to a whole lot. I'm just sayin'!!

6 comments:

  1. Amen! Speaking as a guy, I fully agree. Further, I think guys ought to read this book too (I haven't yet, but it is on my list). Us guys do tend to get wrapped up in our stuff, and women understand that, but there needs to be a limit. We often don't neglect the ladies in our lives on purpose, we just get busy. But fellas, she doesn't see it that way! Furthermore, she shouldn't have to -- she should be at the TOP of our priority lists, every single day. So, and ladies, forgive me if this sounds callous to you, but dudes, if you're the type that gets lost in what you're doing, set a reminder on your PDA/phone/gogogadgetwatch to call/text/email her. At LEAST once a day. Not because it's a chore, or a duty, but because you like/love her and want to make her happy. Got it? Good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Rex! Thank you! Marla is one lucky lady! And you SHOULD read it. It's a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sarah. My friend. I heart you so much. I completely agree with it all. I think I read the book in an hour. Seriously. And thanks to it, I feel worthy of a good, solid relationship where the man meets my emotional needs. I deserve it. Greg told me so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, the last comment that was deleted, was supposed to be from me, but Blogger automatically logged me in as Rex! So here goes....

    Sarah: I realize that am lucky.....no, it's better than that....I'm blessed! I know Rex loves me, and even now (almost three years into our marriage and almost six years of being back together), he still sends me texts during the day- to tell me he loves me, or that he misses me, or just to see how I'm doing! More guys should do this, because we women want to know that we are loved....MEN want to know they're respected (although women deserve respect, as well).

    Being loved, and KNOWING she is loved, is the most important thing to a woman. Guys: Pull your head out, and just tell her!!!

    ReplyDelete