Monday, April 19, 2010

A Turn-Around

Isn't it amazing how the smallest little thing can completely brighten up your day? I've been so down lately. I realized I was, and I was allowing myself to feel that way. It was completely in my control, but I was letting the situation control me.

I've decided to let it be. That situation is completely over. Thank God. And I'm the one who decided it would be over, and that I wasn't going to let it effect my life negatively any more.

I've taken control of that area of my life. And, being on the other side of it, I see how emotionally draining it was. But I also see WHY I went through it. I learned a lot about myself. Good things, as well as bad things. Things I need to work on and change. Things I need to emphasize. Things I need to allow others to see.

I have a wise friend. A friend who sat down with me and had an open, honest conversation about letting things happen in their own time. This friend helped me to see how rushing into situations just opened it up for hurt. Rushing hasn't worked in the past, why would I expect it to be any different this time around?

So, I'm trying things a different way. I know who I am SO MUCH more than I did a few months ago. And you know what? I LIKE who I am! And I don't need to be validated by someone else. I just have to let it be. And allow nature to take it's course. Even if it takes longer than I'd like it to take. It will all be worth it in the end. Time will tell. Time will tell. Time will tell...... Let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment